The Mouthpiece Law Team is working to advance a client-centric approach to justice that puts consideration of the individual at the heart of justice. For the past year, our team has been working on a complete overhaul of entire platforms in order to better serve our legal community, but general users. While the initiative is still in the works, I'd like to invite our first Pro Bono lawyers, law students, and pre-law to our Beta version.
Although still work in process, we are here to address three problems and provide long-term solutions that will benefit every member of the legal community.
1. Many clients are reluctant to invest an enormous amount of money in legal services, so they choose not to receive legal advice or representation.
2. Law students are receiving fewer practical e-learning environments and job opportunities.
3. In many areas, the availability of lawyers outnumbers the demand, making it very difficult for some lawyers to find work.
1. Gamified Legal Question and Answer platform to provide free legal information, thereby lowering costs associated with non-value-added processes.
2. Toolkits for people who don't know how to code (E-Learning courses for law students and lawyers) :NoCodeJD (coming in July)
3. E-resume Interface and Interactive Whiteboard all function together with Gamification Solutions.
1. Students will be given an opportunity to present their research and gain additional knowledge from legal practitioners while gaining practical experience, and exposure to the latest legal tech
2. Solo practitioners, In-house counsels, or even Big Law lawyers will be given an opportunity to provide their legal services to low-to-medium-income families without hurting their bottom lines.
3. Legal tech companies will have the opportunity to communicate with consumers and investors.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.
We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate within the Mouthpiece Law community, including in videos, live streams, discussion areas, or related conversations on Twitter and other online media. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from this online community at the organizers' discretion.
Harassment includes but is not limited to: offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion or technology choices; sexual images; deliberate intimidation; stalking or harassing; sustained disruption; sending inappropriate messages; screenshotting and sharing content outside the hub without permission; and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviours are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not share sexualized images, activities, or other material or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviours, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the Vito hub with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact an organizer immediately. There's a button to report a violation at the bottom of the Code of Conduct section. This opens a form where you can outline the problem and submit it directly to the organizer. You can also choose whether to include your email address or remain anonymous and whether you'd like to request an email follow-up.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all times for the benefit of everyone. We value your participation.
(Modified from Conf Code of Conduct)